Client Rights and Responsibilities
Welcome to the Oklahoma Small Business Development Network (OKSBDC). You have a right to expect:
- Prompt, Courteous, and Professional Counseling Services. The demand for our services is high and cases must often be prioritized by need and training may be recommended before counseling is provided.
- Confidentiality of Information Discussed. All information shared will be held in strictest confidence. No information provided by you will be used to the commercial advantage of any staff member, consultant, or other resource of the OKSBDC or to the benefit of any third party.
- Confidentiality of Client Status. No public use of your name, address, or business identity will be made without your prior approval. OKSBDC is funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration and that limited information with respect to your client status is provided to the agency.
- Business Consulting. Our role is to counsel and assist small business owners and those planning to go into business. We will not make business decisions or judgments for you, though we will make recommendations and suggestions as appropriate.
- Fees and Charges. The OKSBDC may charge reasonable fees for training programs, special services, and publications. However, you have a right to feel secure that no fee will be charged by the OKSBDC or its resources for normal counseling services provided to you.
- Recommendations and Referrals. No recommendations will be made as to the purchase of goods or services from any individual or firm with which any OKSBDC staff or its resources have any financial, familial or personal interest. The counseling services provided to you are a part of the effort of the OKSBDC and its sponsors to respond to the growing needs of the small business community and to positively affect the economy of Oklahoma. They are not intended to compete with, replace, or be a substitute for services available from the private sector. Clients whose needs can be fully met by private sector practitioners or firms in an affordable manner will be encouraged to use those resources.
- Waiver. In consideration of the OKSBDC furnishing you with management and technical assistance, you agree to waive all claims against the OKSBDC and its constituent institutions, its staff, or any other resources employed by or used in connection with these services. We rely on our clients in our efforts to assure the quality and effectiveness of the counseling services we provide.
- Surveys. In return for no cost consulting OKSBDC asks all clients to complete a written evaluation of the services provided. In addition, all clients will be asked to complete a brief “impact” assessment within one year following the close of the case file. Finally, clients may receive direct inquiries from this office, the State Director’s office or the U.S. Small Business Administration with respect to the services provided to you. Your response to all of these inquiries will be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to OKSBDC. We look forward to working with you.
We welcome you as a client and encourage you to call on us if you have any questions or comments with regard to your rights and responsibilities or services you receive. You can do so by calling your local OKSBDC Director or the OKSBDC State Director at (580) 745-7577.